Reduce costs and simplify your network
As Ethernet is making headway into service providers’ networks, Carrier Ethernet testing becomes essential. With its additional operation, administration and maintenance capabilities, Ethernet can now be viewed as a carrier-grade networking technology
To deliver carrier-grade Ethernet, network service providers can implement Ethernet-overSONET/SDH and leverage their existing assets while delivering new services. Or, they can implement a connection-oriented Ethernet access link that will provide them with a network that is as manageable as SONET/SDH, but with the cost-efficiency of Ethernet.
Enterprises and government agencies require huge amounts of bandwidth to meet their communication needs. But as their network requirements increase, so do costs.
There is a growing trend to replace copper networks with fiber networks. A revolution in Optical Local Area Networking (Optical LAN) has begun, leveraging the cost, power, and space benefits of an all-fiber infrastructure. Compared to legacy copper Ethernet networks, Optical LAN is more reliable and secure, and it eliminates future infrastructure upgrades.
• Significantly reduce capital and operating expenses
• Lower power consumption and the thermal load impact on buildings
• Increase the security of LAN communications
• Meet green environmental goals and increase LEED accreditation levels
• Experience long-term savings by future-proofing yournetwork infrastructure
• Free -up space in the data center and eliminate communications closets
• Converge data, voice, and video services into a single solution